| || |
Thanks to Joy Skipper for this delicious chocolatey cheesecake recipe using Montezuma's Absolute Black Almond chocolate.
50g digestive biscuits
25g flaked almonds
50g chopped pecans
50g unsalted butter, melted
150g Montezuma Absolute Black 100% dark chocolate with almonds, roughly chopped
700g full-fat soft cream cheese
225g golden caster sugar
2 medium eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas mark 4. Lightly grease a 20cm spring-form cake tin.
- Place the biscuits, flaked almonds and pecans into a small blender and blitz to breakdown to the consistency of coarse breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the bitter and mix well. Spoon into the prepared tin and level the top.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Cool slightly.
- Place the cream cheese in a large bowl and beat in the sugar until smooth. Gradually add the eggs, beating after each addition.
- Spoon half the cheese mixture into another bowl then add the melted chocolate to one bowl. Spoon each mixture onto the base of the cheesecake, mixing up the light and dark. When you have all of the cheesecake mixture in the tin drag a knife gently through a couple of times to help give a marbling effect in the cheesecake.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until the cheesecake becomes puffy around the edges but still very soft in the centre. Turn off the oven and allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven.
- Chill well before serving.
© Joy Skipper
As well as being a friend of Chocaletta, Joy has worked in the food industry for over 25 years, writing food features and recipe books, styling food for commericals, as well as advising clients on the health benefits of a healthy diet and lifestyle. She is also a judge for the Academy of Chocolate Awards and the Great Taste Awards.